10 Reasons Why I Dislike Andy Stanley
Andy Stanley is the senior pastor for North Point Ministries near Atlanta, GA.
- He communicates a message in a style that is extremely engaging.
- He describes biblical stories with such simplicity that even my kids get it.
- He doesn’t preach from a holier than thou attitude. He actually explains his faults. This has the annoying feature of forcing the listener to be able to relate to him.
- He merges forward thinking business models with Biblical principles. This results in a pretty amazing organization of churches.
- You can get his sermon podcasts from North Point Community Church and Buckhead Community Church on iTunes for free every week.
- His churches are focused on being relevant in the modern world…which means they are not what a lot of people typically think of when they think of church.
- He leads a movement that has a wonderful focus on creating community. Despite having a congregation that is by any account huge, they have wonderful processes for getting individuals involved in small group settings.
- His leadership podcast is applicable for not just in the church world but also the rest of the world.
- I feel challenged every time I hear his messages. They’re often funny to hear. They’re sometimes tough to implement. And they’re always relevant to my own life.
- Even though I’ve never met the guy, he has changed my life.
This entry was posted in Mind
and tagged church
. Bookmark the permalink